|Description||Basic nutrition cod liver oil|
This is herbal preparation used to prevent constipation and also prevents excessive fats in body by fasting metabolism.
Gas or stomach cramping may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
When not to use
It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug
|Each yellow uncoated tablet contains 5mg folic acidFolic acid is a component of the B group of vitamins and is necessary for the normal production and maturation of red blood cells||Valupak Supplements Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Capsules are useful nutritional supplements to help with joints and assisting with a healthy lifestyle.Cod Liver Oil is known for aiding with joint care and other health benefits that are part of an active lifestyle, especially as you get older.||Mumfer Syrup is a good Iron and folic acid supplement.Its used in adults and children as a prophylaxis and treatment of iron-deficiency anemias such as hypochromic anemia associated with pregnancy and lactation, chromic or acute blood loss, dietary restriction, and post-surgery convalescenceComposition: Iron 50mg + Folic acid 500mcg.|
|Content||Basic nutrition cod liver oil||Fibo Syrup is a pleasant tasting ready-to-take liquid fiber for the treatment and prevention from Constipation. Fibo Syrup conveniently helps fulfill daily fiber needs in all age groups.
It is effective in regulating bowel movement and digestion. The ingredient in Fibo Syrup is well researched and documented.||Each yellow uncoated tablet contains 5mg folic acidFolic acid is a component of the B group of vitamins and is necessary for the normal production and maturation of red blood cellsIndications:|
Posology and method of administrationPosologyAdults (including the elderly)In folate deficient megaloblastic anaemia: 5mg daily for 4 months; up to 15mg daily may be necessary for malabsorption states.In drug induced folate deficiency: 5mg daily for 4 months; up to 15mg daily may be necessary for malabsorption states.For prophylaxis in chronic haemolytic states or in renal dialysis: 5mg every 1-7 days depending on underlying disease.Prevention of neural tube defects in women known to be at risk: 5mg daily started before conception and continued throughout the first trimester.Pregnancy:In established folate deficiency: 5mg daily continued to term.Paediatric populationFor young children a more suitable dosage form should be used.In folate deficient megaloblastic anaemia:Child 1-18 years 5mg daily for 4 months; maintenance 5mg every 1-7 days.In haemolytic anaemia; metabolic disorders:Child 1-12 years 2.5mg-5mg once daily.Child 12-18 years 5-10mg once daily.Prophylaxis of folate deficiency in renal dialysis:Child 1-12 years 250 microgram/kg (max 10mg) once daily.Children 12-18 years 5-10mg once daily.Method of administrationFor oral administration.Contraindications
- For the treatment of folate-deficient megaloblastic anaemia due to malnutrition, malabsorption syndromes (such as coeliac disease or sprue) and increased utilisation as in pregnancy. It should not be used alone in undiagnosed megaloblastic anaemia including in infancy, pernicious anaemia or macrocytic anaemia of unknown aetiology, unless administered with adequate amounts of hydroxocobalamin.
- For the prophylaxis of drug induced folate deficiency e.g., caused by administration of phenytoin, phenobarbital and primidone. (See section 4.5).
- For the prophylaxis against folate deficiency in chronic haemolytic states or in renal dialysis.
- For the prevention of neural tube defects for woman planning a pregnancy and known to be at risk
Special warnings and precautions for use
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients listed in section 6.1.
- Long-term folate therapy is contraindicated in any patient with untreated cobalamin deficiency. This can be untreated pernicious anaemia or other cause of cobalamin deficiency, including lifelong vegetarians. In elderly people, a cobalamin absorption test should be done before long-term folate therapy. Folate given to such patients for 3 months or longer has precipitated cobalamin neuropathy. No harm results from short courses of folate
- Folic acid should never be given alone in the treatment of Addisonian pernicious anaemia and other vitamin B12deficiency states because it may precipitate the onset of subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord
- Folic acid should not be used in malignant disease unless megaloblastic anaemia owing to folate deficiency is an important complication.
OverdoseNo special procedures or antidote are likely to be needed.Special precautions for storageStore below 25°C in a dry place.Protect from light.
- Patients with vitamin B12deficiency should not be treated with folic acid unless administered with adequate amounts of hydroxocobalamin, as it can mask the condition but the subacute irreversible damage to the nervous system will continue. The deficiency can be due to undiagnosed megaloblastic anaemia including in infancy, pernicious anaemia or macrocytic anaemia of unknown aethiology or other cause of cobalamin deficiency, including lifelong vegetarians.
- Caution should be exercised when administering folic acid to patients who may have folate dependent tumours.
- This product is not intended for healthy pregnant women where lower doses are recommended, but for pregnant women with folic acid deficiency or women at risk for the reoccurrence of neural tube defects.
- This product contains lactose monohydrate. Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, total lactase deficiency or glucose – galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine
|Valupak Supplements Cod Liver Oil 1000mg Capsules are useful nutritional supplements to help with joints and assisting with a healthy lifestyle.Cod Liver Oil is known for aiding with joint care and other health benefits that are part of an active lifestyle, especially as you get older.The oil, extracted from the liver of cod, provides a source of Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) and moderate amounts of Vitamin A and Vitamin D.EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart. This beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA.Free from sugar, gluten, yeast, artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.This food supplement should not be used as substitute for a balanced and varied diet and healthy lifestyle.Made in Great Britain.Its beneficial in that it is;|
Feeding Guide:Adults and Children over 12 years: Take one capsule per day with food or liquid.Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.Contains:Each capsule provides: Cod liver Oil 1000mg, containing EPA 70mg, DHA 80mg. Vitamin A 300µgRE and 20 Vitamin D 2.5µg.<Caution:Do not exceed the stated dose.Keep out of sight and reach of children
- Rich in Vitamin A & (DHA) helps to maintain a healthy immune system also beneficial for healthy skin and eyesight.
- Rich in vitamin D For strong and healthy bones.
- Rich in Omega 3 have anti- inflammatory properties.
- (EPA)for the cardiovascular system and helps reduce inflammation.
- Free from Sugar, gluten and yeast containing ingredients.
- Free from artificial additives, preservatives or colors
|Elferb, a natural and effective remedy for “flu and cold” with added advantage of immunity boosters.Elferb is a unique combination of elderberry extract and echinacea with immunity boosters zinc and vitamin c.Elderberry extract reduces the duration the virus. Echinacea reduces the incidences of flu and common cold. Zinc and vitamin c boosts immunity cells and strengthens the immunity system.||Mumfer Syrup is a good Iron and folic acid supplement.Its used in adults and children as a prophylaxis and treatment of iron-deficiency anemias such as hypochromic anemia associated with pregnancy and lactation, chromic or acute blood loss, dietary restriction, and post-surgery convalescenceComposition: Iron 50mg + Folic acid 500mcg.Dosage:Treatment of iron-deficiency |
|Mumfer||Daily dose in ml||Daily dose in mg|
|Infants (up to 1 year||2.5-5||25-50|
|Children (1-2 years)||5-10||50-100|
|Children (˃12 years) Adults and nursing Mothers||10-20||100-200|
SIDE EFFECTS OF MUMFER SYRUP 150ML:GI irritation, epigastric pain, stomach cramping, constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dark stools, heart burn, discoloured urine, teeth staining.DRUG INTERACTIONS OF MUMFER SYRUP:Concurrent use with psychotropic drugs may worsen constipation. Increased systemic side effects with concomitant ACE inhibitors and parenteral iron admin.CONTRAINDICATIONS OF MUMFER SYRUP: Hypersensitivity or intolerance to iron and overloading of iron in the body. Anemia not caused by iron deficiency. Disturbances in iron utilization, thalassemia. Patients receiving repeated blood transfusion. Parenteral: Iron overload, Ostler-Rendu-Weber syndrome, chronic polyarthritis, bronchial asthma, inflammation or infection of kidney or liver, uncontrolled hyperparathyroidism, decompensated liver cirrhosis. Pregnancy (1st trimester).MECHANISM OF ACTION OF MUMFER SYRUP: Iron polymaltose is a water soluble, macro-molecular complex of iron (III) hydroxide and isomaltose. It is used in the treatment of iron-deficiency anemia.SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS FOR MUMFER SYRUP:Avoid concomitant parenteral and oral iron admin, oral iron therapy should start at least 1 week after last iron inj. Parenteral: Pregnancy (2nd and 3rd trimester), allergies, hepatic and liver insufficiency, low iron binding capacity and or folic acid deficiency. Facilities for CPR should be available during administration.Storage:Store below 25˚C. protect from light.
|Mumfer||Daily dose in ml||Daily dose in ml|
|Children (6-24 months)||1.25||12.5|
|Children (2-5 years)||2.5||25|
|Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. |
There are no reviews yet.